Experienced, Results-Driven Securities Class Action Attorneys
The Thornton Law Firm’s securities litigation attorneys have significant experience bringing lawsuits against public companies on behalf of defrauded investors. The team is led by Partners Garrett J. Bradley and Guillaume Buell. They have one goal: aggressively pursuing recoveries on behalf of defrauded investors. If you are interested in learning more about a securities lawsuit, even if one has not been filed yet, please email us at email@example.com and one of our experienced staff members will return your inquiry within 24 hours. We provide immediate consultations that are free of charge. We only collect a fee if we obtain a recovery on your behalf.
Lead Counsel Appointments In Ongoing Litigation
- In re Adient plc Securities Litigation, No. 18-cv-9116 (S.D.N.Y.)
- Employees Retirement System of the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority v. Conduent Inc., No. 19-cv-8237 (D.N.J.)
- Wayne County Employees’ Retirement System, et al. Mavenir, Inc., et al., Case No. 18-cv-1229-CFC (D. Del.)
Executive Committee Appointments in Ongoing Litigation:
- In re Cloudera, Inc., Securities Litigation, Lead Case No. 19CV348674 (California Superior Court, County of Santa Clara)
Plaintiffs’ Counsel In Ongoing Litigation
- Iron Workers Dist. C. of N.E. Pension Fund Veeco Instr., et al., Case No. 18CV332644 (California Superior Court, County of Santa Clara) (consolidated into Wolther v. Maheshwari, et al., Case No. 18CV329690 (Lead Case))
- Hook v. Casa Systems, Inc., et al., Case No. 654548/2019 (Supreme Court of New York, New York County, Commercial Division)
Securities and Class Action Leadership Team
Garrett Bradley has years of experience helping institutional investors, public pension funds, and individual investors recover losses attributable to corporate fraud.
A former state prosecutor, Garrett has been involved in hundreds of securities fraud class action lawsuits that have, in aggregate, recouped hundreds of millions of dollars for investors. Garrett’s past and present clients include some of the country’s largest public pension funds and institutional investors. Garrett has been named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Massachusetts by the American Trial Lawyers Association and is a member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Garrett also serves as the Managing Partner of the Thornton Law Firm. Garrett is a graduate of BC High, Boston College and Boston College Law School.
Guillaume Buell is a partner in the Firm and principally litigates securities and consumer fraud class actions. Mr. Buell’s securities practice assists institutional investors and individuals in recovering their investment losses caused by violations of the state and federal securities laws.
Mr. Buell has, in his career, advised leading pension funds and other institutional investors in the United States and Canada on issues related to corporate fraud in the U.S. securities markets. He has also advised foundations and endowment funds on monitoring the well-being of their investments. Mr. Buell was part of the team that secured a $48 million recovery in the securities fraud action against the nation’s largest pharmacy retail chain, CVS Caremark. He also played an integral role in the $9 million recovery secured for investors against Vocera Communications, the leading provider of mobile communication solutions. He has actively assisted in the prosecution of numerous securities class actions across the country.
Before joining the Thornton Law Firm, Mr. Buell was a senior associate with primary responsibility for litigating a portfolio of securities fraud class actions for Labaton Sucharow in New York City. Before joining Labaton, he was a litigation associate at Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP, where he represented major corporations and their officers and directors in the financial, consumer, pharmaceutical, and insurance sectors in commercial and securities litigations and consumer class actions in state and federal courts, state and federal government investigations, and internal investigations.
Mr. Buell received his J.D. from Boston College Law School and was the recipient of the 2009 Boston College Law School Award for outstanding contributions to the law school community. He received his B.A., cum laude with departmental honors, from Brandeis University. He is an Eagle Scout and is fluent in French.
In addition to their experience managing complex securities class actions, the securities class action team has developed strong relationships with securities and class action law firms across the country. These relationships strengthen the firm’s ability to aggressively pursue recoveries on our clients’ behalf.
Thornton’s securities litigators have extensive experience litigating under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Congress passed both these laws to protect investors from securities fraud. The basic purpose of the 1934 and 1933 regulatory statutes is to protect investor confidence in the securities markets.
Recent Securities Class Action Experience
Thornton Law Firm Lawyers Experience In Resolved Litigation
- Medoff v. CVS Caremark Corporation, et al., Case No. 09-cv-554-JNL-PAS (United States District Court, District of Rhode Island) ($48 million settlement reached against the nation’s largest pharmacy retail chain)
- In re Vocera Communications, Inc. Securities Litigation, Master File No. 3:13-cv-03567 EMC (United States District Court, Northern District of California) ($9 million recovery secured for investors against a leading provider of mobile communication solutions)
- In re Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. Securities Litigation, Case No. 2:14-cv-00033-JNP-BCW (United States District Court, District of Utah) ($47 million settlement reached in securities class action involving Nu Skin’s business conduct in China)
- In re Genworth Financial, Inc. Securities Litigation, Case No. 14-cv-2392 (AKH) (United States District Court, Southern District of New York) ($20 million settlement reached with provider of insurance and wealth management services)
- In re Castlight Health, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, Lead Case No. CIV533203 (Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Mateo) ($9.5 million settlement with Castlight Inc, in a case alleging that the company’s IPO offering documents were false and misleading because they omitted material information, including significant obstacles and delays faced by customers during the implementation of Castlight’s technology, resulting in low customer renewal rates and negatively impacting the company’s gross margins)
- Noppen v. Innerworkings, Inc., et al., Case No. 14-cv-1416 (United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division) ($6.025 million settlement in case alleging misleading statements and omissions regarding accounting improprieties)
- Hall v. Rent-A-Center, Inc., et al., No. 16-cv-0978 (United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas) (securities class action against Rent-A-Center, Inc., its former CEO Robert D. Davis, and former CFO Guy J. Constant alleging defendants made material misstatements and omissions in violation of the federal securities laws concerning, among other things, the risks and benefits of a new point-of-sale (POS) system that Rent-A-Center began implementing in early 2015)
- In re Biogen Inc. Securities Litigation, No. 1:15-cv-13189-FDS (United States District Court, District of Massachusetts) (securities class action against Biogen and certain current or former executives relating to misstatements and omissions about its leading MS drug, Tecfidera)