Massachusetts Attorneys Focusing on Complex Litigation
Thornton & Naumes, LLP is a team of distinguished Boston, Massachusetts lawyers who are driven by a shared vision of what is right. We believe in fairness. We hold ourselves and others to the highest standards. We have a history of successfully representing our clients that few can match.
Seeking justice for Massachusetts plaintiffs for more than 35 years
Thornton & Naumes, LLP has a tradition of excellence when it comes to representing victims, whether it be a construction worker injured on the job or a pension fund losing assets to fraud. Our clients are individuals and organizations that have suffered physical, financial, and emotional harm because of another’s negligence or wrongdoing. Founded in 1978 by Michael P. Thornton doing groundbreaking work for victims of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases, our practice is now the largest plaintiff law firm in New England. The firm has represented more than 20,000 victims of asbestos and toxic exposure, defective products, financial fraud, and personal injury accidents throughout Boston, the state of Massachusetts, and across the country. For our diverse clients, this means representation by a legal team with:
We resolve each case ourselves and do not refer our clients to other law firms. However, other attorneys routinely trust us to take care of their clients by referring cases to Thornton & Naumes that they consider too complex to handle themselves.
Compassion for our clients; dedication to the cause
Through four decades of practicing law, we have treated clients with respect and compassion. Listening carefully, responding to all questions, and being accessible when clients call are ways we show our clients that we care. Dedication to building the best possible case is how we put our clients’ best interests first. Fighting aggressively for our clients' rights to full and fair compensation is how we succeed. If we take your case, you pay no out-of-pocket legal fees until you win a settlement or award—this is our commitment to believing in our clients. Thornton & Naumes has legal experience that is wide, diverse and includes litigation related to —
- Mesothelioma/asbestos — The firm's mesothelioma attorneys, often working with co-counsel, have obtained significant settlements for clients suffering from asbestos-related diseases.
- Construction accidents — Injured workers and their families have been able to gain financial security as a result of the firm's successful efforts in both negotiated settlements and jury verdicts at trial.
- Drugs and medical devices — We are a national leader in representing people injured by hazardous or unsafe drugs and medical devices. We have successfully litigated against powerful manufacturers and won large verdicts and settlements.
- False Claims Act/fraud — Defending whistleblowers and holding large corporations and banks accountable to the pension funds and others who suffer serious damage from financial fraud requires the strong skills of the firm's complex litigators.
- Personal injury and workers compensation — Thornton & Naumes' Massachusetts personal injury lawyers represent clients injured in and out of the workplace to ensure that those responsible for client losses are held accountable and that our clients receive fair compensation for those damages.
- Toxic torts — The firm has obtained substantial settlements for victims of environmental pollution and exposure to toxic substances across the United States.
In addition, Thornton & Naumes handles other plaintiff cases including —
Thornton & Naumes' significant cases page provides examples of the firm's successes in these and other areas of law such as tobacco litigation and lead paint poisoning settlements and jury verdicts.
Trust our Massachusetts lawyers to help
Contact the Boston law firm of Thornton & Naumes, LLP online or at 1.888.491.9726 for a free consultation with a recognized leader in Massachusetts personal injury litigation. You have nothing to risk. We offer a fair and accurate assessment of your case.