Andrew S. Wainwright
Andrew Wainwright is a Thornton Law Firm partner and trial attorney. Mr. Wainwright manages the Thornton Law Firm asbestos trial practice. He has successfully litigated hundreds of asbestos cases in the Massachusetts Superior Court. He has also successfully argued cases before the Massachusetts Appeals Court and the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. (Spellman v. Shawmut Woodworking & Supply, Inc., et al, 445 Mass. 675 (2006)). He has lectured before nationwide continuing legal education seminars on the subjects of asbestos litigation and the admissibility of expert testimony. Mr. Wainwright is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, New York, the United States District Court of Massachusetts, and the United States First Circuit Court of Appeals. He graduated from Hobart College with a BA in Philosophy and received his Juris Doctorate from Suffolk University cum laude in 1991.
In 2017 he tried and won two of the top three jury verdicts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, a $7.5 million award in Sylvestre v. New England Insulation , and a $6.8 million award in Ross v. New England Insulation. He is AV Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated, and a Massachusetts Super Lawyer (2004, 2009, 2014-present).
- Hobart College (B.A., 1985)
- Suffolk University (J.D., cum laude, 1991)
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- American Association for Justice
- National Disability Law Center
- Professional Hockey Players Association, Workers’ Compensation Panel
- 1991, Massachusetts
- 1992, U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- 1992, First Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2005, New York