Thornton Law Firm and co-counsel have obtained significant verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients suffering from mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
- As of April 2022, Thornton Law Firm has recovered financial compensation of over half a billion dollars ($545,526,780.) for our clients from asbestos bankruptcy trusts.
- Traveler’s Settlement of Asbestos Claims: Thornton Law Firm was co-counsel to the class, which after more than a decade of litigation and 7 court decisions, was paid $450 million in the settlement and $65 million in interest.
Verdicts and Settlements
- $9,300,000 on behalf of the family of an 84-year-old man with peritoneal mesothelioma exposed to asbestos spray during the construction of the Prudential Tower in Boston.
- $7,550,000 for a former worker in the Public Service of New Hampshire Merrimack Power Station in Bow NH and his family, against New England Insulation, a Canton company who distributed and installed asbestos insulation material until the early 1970s
- $6,800,000 on behalf of the family of a 55-year-old man with mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos while in the Navy and as a repairman
- $6,800,000 for the family of a former Massachusetts insulator against New England Insulation, a Canton company that distributed and installed asbestos insulation material until the early 1970s.
- $4,800,000 for a 47-year-old woman with mesothelioma who suffered bystander exposure to asbestos
- $4,500,000 for a 76-year-old man with mesothelioma who was a career mechanic and had been exposed to asbestos in brake linings, clutches and gaskets
- $4,390,000 for the family of a male machinist who developed mesothelioma after having been exposed to asbestos and asbestos-containing materials while aboard the U.S.S. New Jersey (BB-62) from approximately 1953 to 1957
- $4,000,000 to an 81-year-old former sheet metalworker diagnosed with mesothelioma
- $4,000,000 for a 76-year-old man with mesothelioma who suffered exposure to asbestos through work in the Navy and in power plants
- $3,250,000 to a 61-year-old man with mesothelioma who worked as a laborer at an insulation fabrication shop in metro Boston in the early 1970s who was exposed to asbestos while wearing a defective respirator
- $2,800,000 to a 69 year old former plumber, drywaller, and laborer, who developed mesothelioma due to exposure to asbestos and asbestos-containing materials
- $2,600,000 for the family of a 72-year old shipyard worker with mesothelioma who suffered bystander exposure
- $2,500,000 on behalf of the family of a 67-year-old pipe fitter who suffered from mesothelioma
- $2,500,000 for the family of a 62-year-old man diagnosed with mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos through his work in automotive repair
- $2,100,000 to a 64-year-old diagnosed with mesothelioma who worked at a variety of industrial, commercial, and residential jobsites
- $1,900,000 for a 57-year-old sheet metalworker with mesothelioma
- $1,900,000 for a 73 year old residential boiler contractor who developed mesothelioma
- $1,800,000 to a 79-year-old former Naval metalsmith who was diagnosed with mesothelioma
- $1,500,000 to the family of a laborer diagnosed with mesothelioma after working at an insulation fabrication shop using a defective respirator in metro Boston in the early 1970s
Birth Defect & Toxic Tort Litigation
Thornton Law Firm has obtained settlements since 2012 in excess of $200 million for children who suffered from birth defects caused by their parents’ exposure to toxic chemicals while working at semiconductor manufacturing facilities. The birth defects include cerebral palsy, spina bifida, brain damage and limb deformities. The semiconductor manufacturing facilities are located in Arizona, California, Massachusetts, New Mexico and Texas and the toxic chemicals are contained in the products used to manufacture semiconductors including photoresist, developer, etching material and cleaning solvents.
- $2,000,000 for the child of a semiconductor chip manufacturing worker born with birth defects
- $1,391,500 for a neighborhood with contaminated soil used as fill on the properties
- $600,000 for a 43-year old diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia who was exposed to benzene through his work as an offset printer
Thornton Law Firm led a team of lawyers representing Massachusetts in a landmark lawsuit against the Tobacco industry.
- $8 BILLION The suit sought to recover the cost of Medicaid payments made for tobacco-related diseases. The case resulted in a settlement which pays Massachusetts hundreds of millions of dollars each year for over two decades.
Thornton Law Firm has obtained substantial verdicts and settlements in construction accident litigation, which have enabled injured workers and their families to live their lives with financial security. Recent results include:
- $4,300,000 for the family of a 24-year-old laborer who suffered complex left grade 1 open pilon fracture, closed right distal radius fracture, comminuted fracture of distal right radial metaphyseal fracture of the ulnar styloid as well as post-traumatic stress disorder
- $2,900,000 for the family of a plumber who contracted cancer as a result of exposure to toxic materials in the construction business
- $2,065,000 for the family of a 62-year-old laborer killed in a scaffold fall
- $1,025,000 for a 55-year-old concrete cutter whose knee was injured in a scaffold fall
- $2,300,000 for a 58 year old drywaller who fell through a hole in a roof resulting in multiple fractures
- $2,390,000 for a 60-year-old man who was caught in a cable-pulling machine and suffered a bilateral forearm amputation (with surgical reattachment)
- $975,000 for a 43-year-old man with nerve damage from electrical shock from a faulty light
- $950,000 for a 21-year-old summer worker with leg injuries as a result of a fork lift accident
- $890,000 for a 57-year-old pipe fitter with acid burns from contaminated pipe
- $875,000 for a 55-year-old sheet metalworker with back injuries from falling steel
- $800,000 for a 48-year-old welder with orthopedic injuries from an exploding pressure tank
- $650,000 for a 63-year-old worker with neck injuries from a scissors lift fall
Personal Injury & Product Liability
Through vigorous negotiation, Thornton Law Firm has achieved significant results for injured victims and their families. Recent results include:
- $6,100,000 for a 36-year-old security guard that was ejected from a bus that rolled over on the highway. Sustained traumatic amputation of his left leg (below the knee) as well as closed head injury
- $1,700,000 for the families of four workers who suffered extensive burns when the floor where they were performing floor sanding operations suddenly ignited, resulting in the death of two of them and serious burn injuries for the other two
- $300,000 for a victim of a motorcycle accident on a construction site. The 60-year-old female victim was the passenger on a motorcycle that tipped over at low speed and sustained broken ribs and a neck injury
Thornton Law Firm has established record verdicts in several courts in lead paint litigation, which have encouraged defendants to settle for record amounts with us and our co-counsel. Recent results include:
- $4,200,000 for a 7-year-old boy with learning disabilities and lead levels in the 30’s
- $2,000,000 for a 5-year-old girl with lead levels in the low 20s resulting in Attention Deficit Disorder
- $1,800,000 for an 8-year-old girl with lead levels in the low 30s resulting in learning disabilities and behavior problems
- $1,700,000 for a 14-year-old boy with lead levels in the low 20s resulting in learning disabilities
- $1,500,000 for a 13-year-old boy with lead levels in the high 30s resulting in learning disabilities
- $1,200,000 for three children with learning disorders caused by lead levels in the 20s
- $1,100,000 for a 14-year-old boy with a reading disorder and organization problems caused by lead levels in the low 20s
Trust our Massachusetts personal injury attorneys to help
Contact the Boston law firm of Thornton Law Firm LLP online or at 1-888-491-9726 for a free consultation with a recognized leader in Massachusetts personal injury litigation. You have nothing to risk. We offer a fair and accurate assessment of your case.