Marilyn T. McGoldrick directs the firm’s defective drugs and medical devices litigation and heads the firm’s health care subrogation practice. Ms. McGoldrick is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and a cum laude graduate of Suffolk University Law School. She is a member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, the Massachusetts Bar Association and Boston Bar Association (Co-Chair, New Lawyers Section 2000-2001; Steering Committee Member, New Lawyers Section; Membership Committee), and the American Association for Justice. Ms. McGoldrick is Pro Bono counsel for the Central Square Theater, Arlington Underground Railway Theater Company, and an Advisory Board Member, WOT Theater Festival.
She holds a BV® Distinguished™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer. In 2019, 2020, and 2021 she was named to the Best Lawyers in America list for Personal Injury – Plaintiffs. She was selected as one of New England’s 2020 Top Rated Lawyers by ALM Media and Martindale-Hubbell™.
She represents clients throughout Massachusetts and across the country. She is admitted to the Massachusetts Bar, the U.S. District Court of Appeals, First Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst (B.A., 1987)
- Suffolk University (J.D., cum laude, 1992)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Trial Attorneys
- The American Association for Justice
- The Women’s Bar Association
- Pro bono Counsel, Central Square Theater, Underground Railroad Theatre Company
- Advisory Board Member, The Women’s Table – June, 2010 – present
- Advisory Board Member, WOT Theatre Festival
- Boston Bar Association (Co-Chair, New Lawyers Section; Membership Committee, 1999-2001)
- Lawrence v. City of Cambridge, 422 Mass. 396, 664 NE 2d 1 (1996)
- Town of Middleborough v. Middleborough Gas & Electric, 422 Mass. 583, 664 NE 2d 25
- 1992, Massachusetts
- 1994, U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- 1994, U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Thornton Law Firm was founded in 1978 by Michael Thornton and two other attorneys doing groundbreaking work for victims of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Now a leading injury law firm in Massachusetts and one of the largest plaintiff law firms in New England, the firm has 19 attorneys representing thousands of clients in a wide variety of plaintiff-side work.
*Attorney Advertising. This website is designed for general advertising only. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.*
1 Lincoln St., 13th Fl.
State Street Financial Center
Boston, MA 02111
9595 Wilshire Blvd., Ste 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
201 Columbine St, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80206
NEWSROOM - FACEBOOK & TWITTER