Progressive Massachusetts complex litigation and personal injury law firm
Thornton Law Firm was founded in 1978 by Michael Thornton doing groundbreaking work for victims of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Now a leading injury law firm in Massachusetts and one of the largest plaintiff-side law firms in New England, the firm has 20 attorneys representing thousands of clients in a wide variety of plaintiff-side work. Contact the Boston law firm of Thornton Law Firm LLP online or at 1-888-491-9726 for a free consultation with a recognized leader in personal injury litigation.
A nationwide reputation for excellence in plaintiff personal injury litigation
Experience in complex litigation over the last four decades has led to the firm’s involvement in cases of local and national importance and recognition as one of the exceptional Massachusetts personal injury law firms. Our work on behalf of the injured has included representing:
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts in its lawsuit against the tobacco industry, which settled for $8 billion in 1998
- More than 20,000 victims of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases, including serving as plaintiffs’ asbestos liaison counsel in Massachusetts
- Children suffering from severe birth defects related to the use of chemicals in the workplace
- Victims of catastrophic injuries, including severe physical and brain injuries, bringing claims for personal injury, products liability, and workers compensation
- Those harmed by pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices, including DePuy hip implants, pain pumps, breast implants, transvaginal mesh, Dalkon Shield, Vioxx, and many others
- Consumers, workers, and taxpayers through the firm’s class action, wage and hour, and fraud and False Claims Act practices
- Hundreds of children and families affected by lead poisoning, and representing the State of Rhode Island in its fight against the lead paint industry
Serving clients in Massachusetts and across the country with distinction
The Massachusetts personal injury lawyers at Thornton Law Firm serve individual clients and also consult with institutional clients, national labor organizations, state governments, municipalities and other law firms.
The firm’s attorneys are supported by a highly qualified and dedicated staff of about 70 legal assistants, administrators, and support personnel. In addition, we work with public health specialists with backgrounds in epidemiology to research and assess the correlation between disease and exposure to toxic substances occurring in our cases.
Knowledge backed by experience
A further key to the firm’s success is the long-term relationships our attorneys have formed with many highly respected medical and scientific experts, including occupational health physicians, toxicologists, epidemiologists, and industrial hygienists who work with us in the investigation and prosecution of our cases.
To serve clients in other geographical areas, we are affiliated with prestigious firms across the country. In addition, Thornton Law Firm has strategic alliances with other prominent public health law firms who have also received national recognition for their work in asbestos-related litigation, birth defects, and other complex personal injury cases.
Trust one of the leading Massachusetts injury law firms to help
Contact the Boston law firm of Thornton Law Firm LLP online or at 1-888-491-9726 for a free consultation with a recognized leader in personal injury litigation. You have nothing to risk. We offer a fair and accurate assessment of your case.