FALSE CLAIMS ACT
Helping hold companies responsible for their financial harm
Fraud comes in many forms. But the intention of every fraud is financial gain by the perpetrator and financial loss for the victim.
The fraud lawyers at Thornton Law Firm LLP stand up for the rights of victims of financial abuse—whether they are an individual, a group of consumers, or taxpayers.
Our successful practice includes Partner Michael Lesser having represented a whistleblower who received a then-historic award from the SEC. The almost $50 million dollar award was at the time the largest amount ever awarded to one individual in the history of the SEC whistleblower program.
Call 1-888-491-9726 for a free consultation with an experienced attorney or contact us online today.
Nationwide attorneys protecting victims of financial wrongdoing
The firm handles complex fraud litigation against individuals and powerful corporations. Significant experience includes:
- Class action litigation — We pool individual victims into a powerful force to pursue manufacturers, conveyance/lending settlement service providers, insurers, automobile manufacturers, retail chains, and many other industries and companies for violations of state trade practices and consumer protection laws. We also pursue class action litigation against companies responsible for defective products, personal injuries, and toxic exposure injuries and illnesses.
- Whistleblower litigation — We represent and protect the interests of individuals who report false claims, overbilling, upcoding, unbundling, kickbacks, false certification, and other wrongdoing that defrauds the government. Under the Federal False Claims Act, a whistleblower is entitled to a portion of the money the government recovers. In 2020, Attorney Michael Lesser represented an FX trader who worked for Bank of New York Mellon. The trader provided evidence that the Bank was trading against its clients’ interests, and the SEC awarded him almost $50 million for reporting the truth.
- Insurance bad faith — We represent individuals and classes of plaintiffs who are victims of unfair settlement practices or a refusal to pay a valid claim by their own or another party’s insurance company.
Thornton Law Firm fraud and false claims litigation attorneys
Learn more about False Claims & Fraud:
- Class Action
- Insurance Subrogation
- IRS Whistleblowing
- Other Federal Whistleblowing Statutes
- SEC Whistleblowing Rules
- State and Federal False Claims Act
- Whistleblower Litigation
Trust Massachusetts fraud attorneys to help
Contact the Boston law firm of Thornton Law Firm online or at 1-888-491-9726 for a free consultation with a recognized leader in consumer class action litigation. You have nothing to risk. We offer a fair and accurate assessment of your case.
Get In Touch
Thornton Law Firm was founded in 1978 by Michael Thornton and two other attorneys doing groundbreaking work for victims of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Now a leading injury law firm in Massachusetts and one of the largest plaintiff law firms in New England, the firm has 19 attorneys representing thousands of clients in a wide variety of plaintiff-side work.
*Attorney Advertising. This website is designed for general advertising only. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.*
84 State Street 4th Fl.
Boston, MA 02109
9595 Wilshire Blvd., Ste 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
201 Columbine St, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80206
NEWSROOM - FACEBOOK & TWITTER