Evan R. Hoffman
Evan Hoffman is a Partner at Thornton Law Firm, LLP and manages the firm’s Denver, Colorado office. Mr. Hoffman is admitted to practice law in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts and Colorado. He concentrates his practice areas in complex financial fraud class actions, qui tam/ False Claims Act cases, and SEC Whistleblower litigation. He has successfully represented private whistleblowers and public pension funds in groundbreaking state and federal multi-district litigation against global custodial banks for foreign exchange fraud, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients.
In addition to his financial fraud work, Mr. Hoffman works in the firm’s Birth Defects litigation practice representing families with catastrophic birth defects from parental occupational exposure, with a particular focus on exposure to toxic pesticides and herbicides in farming and agriculture. He also represents clients throughout the country suffering from cancer and other diseases linked to exposure from pesticides such as Roundup and Paraquat.
Mr. Hoffman is a graduate of American University in Washington, D.C. (2007) and Suffolk University Law School in Boston, MA (2010). He was named a "Rising Star" in 2019, 2020, and 2021 for Class Action and Mass Torts by Super Lawyers, a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The National Trial Lawyers named Mr. Hoffman one of the top 40 Trial Lawyers Under the Age of 40 in Massachusetts from 2012 to 2016. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Massachusetts Bar Association, and the Boston Bar Association.
- American University in Washington, D.C. (2007)
- Suffolk University Law School in Boston, MA (2010)
- Top 40 Trial Lawyers Under the Age of 40 in Massachusetts, 2012 to 2016
- Rising Star, Class Action and Mass Torts, Super Lawyers, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- 2010, Massachusetts
- 2011, U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- 2021, Colorado
- 2021, U.S. District Court, District of Colorado