Committed to protecting consumers from financial and physical harm
The consumer class action attorneys at Thornton Law Firm LLP understand the emotional and financial toll a corporate misrepresentation or fraud can have. Through numerous cases, we have helped victims obtain justice against companies and industries that prey on consumers:
The firm pools individual claims from around the country into powerful class actions that hold companies accountable for their conduct.
Our attorneys have extensive experience pursuing complex individual, nationwide class action, and multi-district litigation (MDL) claims in state and federal courts.
Located in Boston, Massachusetts, our attorneys can help keep you out of harms way. Call 1-888-491-9726 or contact us online for a free consultation on how we can help you today.
Changing the way companies do business, one lawsuit at a time
Thornton Law Firm is experienced in a wide range of consumer law cases:
The firm is involved in the following litigation:
- Claims in various jurisdictions against The Travelers Insurance Company (and other related companies), OneBeacon America Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Century Indemnity Company, and others alleging violation of consumer protection and insurance bad faith laws.
These claims arise out of underlying asbestos personal injury or wrongful death claims against various asbestos defendants who were insured by these companies. In response to the personal injury and wrongful death claims, the insurers— on behalf of the asbestos defendants— asserted an unfounded state-of-the-art defense. Because of this, the plaintiffs were forced to spend time litigating, delaying the ultimate resolution of their claims against the asbestos defendants. This delay caused the plaintiffs damages.
- Claims against National Real Estate Information Services, Inc., ATM Corporation of America, First American Signature Services, Inc., Trans State Closers, Inc., Liberty Title & Escrow Co., Inc., and Service Link, Inc. alleging their use of settlement service agents who are not Massachusetts attorneys, or use of Massachusetts attorneys who have been divested of all meaningful responsibility and oversight, violates Massachusetts law.
The plaintiffs allege that the defendants and their agents are engaged in the unauthorized practice of law. As a result of these practices, Massachusetts attorneys who properly participate in and supervise the conveyancing process, such as plaintiffs and class members, have been and continue to be excluded from serving as conveyancing attorneys, which has resulted in lost business and lost revenues and profits.
- Claims against various micro-chip and memory card manufacturers arising from the companies’ participation in a conspiracy to restrain the trade for and sale of static random access memory (“SRAM”). The plaintiffs allege that the defendants violated numerous laws, including consumer protection and anti-competition laws.
- Claims against NVIDIA Corp., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., and ATI Technologies, Inc. alleging that the defendants conspired to fix graphics processing unit/card prices and to wrongfully allocate those to certain customers and markets. Plaintiffs allege that these companies engaged in conduct that violates various laws, including engaging in conduct that amounts to a conspiracy in restraint of trade. The plaintiffs have sought injunctive relief.
- A class action seeking payment from Philip Morris for CT scans for long-time pack-a-day smokers. The scans, which are not covered by insurance, detect lung cancer when it is still treatable. The case does not seek any monetary damages.
Thornton Law Firm class action attorneys
Trust our Massachusetts class action litigation attorneys to help
Contact the Boston law firm of Thornton Law Firm LLP online or at 1-888-491-9726 for a free consultation with a recognized leader in consumer litigation. You have nothing to risk. We offer a fair and accurate assessment of your case.