1. Chrysler is expanding its recall of cars containing Takata exploding airbags.
- 2005 Chrysler 300, 300C, SRT8
- 2005 Dodge Dakota pickup
- 2004-2005 Dodge Durango
- 2005 Dodge Magnum
- 2003-2005 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup
- 2003-2005 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup
- 2003-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 pickup
2. Mazda has also expanded its Takata airbag-related recall.
Mazda’s recall has been expanded to include drivers-side airbags.So now the recall includes all the Gulf coast states and both the passenger and driver airbags on the following models:
- 2004-2008 RX-8 sports car
- 2004-2008 Mazda6 sedan
3. Current owners may not be getting recall notices from car makers.
Many of the recalled cars are older and many have changed hands more than once.
4. NHTSA has called on Takata to do a nationwide recall, but Takata has refused.
Takata has refused, claiming first that there’s not enough evidence to support recall, and also claiming that legally NHTSA does not have the authority to order a recall from an original parts supplier
5. There are 5 confirmed deaths from Takata airbags exploding inside cars.
When the airbag goes off, the propellant explodes, sending shrapnel at high speed towards the occupants of the car.
Thornton Law Firm is investigating claims on behalf of consumers nationwide who own cars with Takata exploding airbags. If you believe you have a defective Takata airbag in your car, or have been injured by an Takata airbag exploding on deployment, call our consumer class action attorneys at 888-491-9726 or tell us your story here. All consultations with Thornton Law Firm are completely confidential. Evaluation of your legal rights is free, but remember that all legal claims have strictly enforced time limits.